Job Type: Permanent / 39 hours per week
Hours: Mon-Thur 07:30-16:30 Friday 07:30-12:30
Vacancy Location: Plympton, Plymouth, Devon UK
Salary: From £10.42 per hour
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and the successful completion of a probationary period.
An exciting opportunity to join us as a Stores Operative based in our Stores department.
Lang & Potter are the market leader in the design and manufacture of marine furniture and furnishings including cutting edge helm seat design. We work for some of the largest international brands in the luxury goods industry, amongst others, working hard to research, develop and detail products at a high standard.
Maintain suppliers of inventory and DIR purchase materials to all departments
To be proactive in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the inventory.
To receive, check, stow and distribute all stores as required.
Full Valid Driving License is essential for this role.
- Assist with the work of the stores department. Receive deliveries at goods in and stow or distribute as required. Maintain all departmental logs. Report non-conformances.
- Pick product from requisitions and receive returns as required.
- Cut materials to length as required for issue. Ensure product labelling it maintained.
- Process receipts, issue and returns in the opera system, ensuring all transactions are posted in the main account promptly. Report on any low stock levels and routine stock replenishment requirements. Investigate and report any inventory discrepancies between physical stock and opera remains figure.
- Maintain secure boundaries to all stores areas, including containers during working hours and ensure end of shift security checks and routine housekeeping tasks are carried out
- Carry out daily forklift checks, maintain battery charge and fluid levels. Forklift operations as required onsite - Training can be provided. Support with offsite deliveries when required. Report all equipment defects/damage. Any other ad hoc duties.
- Competent IT skills for processing transactions in company database
- Cost and commercial awareness
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Sticking to set processes and concern for quality
- Previous warehouse experience preferred. Full Valid Driving License Essential