Job Type: Permanent / 39 hours per week
Hours: Mon-Thur 07:30-16:30 Friday 07:30-12:30
Vacancy Location: Plympton, Plymouth, Devon UK
Salary: From £10.42 per hour
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and the successful completion of a probationary period.
An exciting opportunity to join us as a Sewing Machinist based in our Marine department.
Lang & Potter are the market leader in the design and manufacture of marine furniture and furnishings including cutting edge helm seat design. We work for some of the largest international brands in the luxury goods industry, amongst others, working hard to research, develop and detail products at a high standard.
Lang & Potter are currently looking to recruit an experienced sewing machinist to join our growing and supportive team.
Successful applicants who are invited in for an interview will be required to undertake a skills test with our training department.
- Manufacturing a number of upholstery related items to include soft furnishings, leather works, exterior furniture and other fabric items such as curtains
- Following instructions for each sewing job accurately
- Using a range of machine such as overlockers, hemmers, twin needle machine and quilting machine to carry out a range of tasks and produce different finishes
- Altering machine settings to suit the type of material and finish required
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance checks on machines
- Approve materials thoroughly by inspecting for materials for flaws
- Proactive and methodical approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong communication and relationship skills/ ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in order to prioritise a demanding workload and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to problem solve
- Upholding accuracy with a strong attention to detail